- About us
Shelter Meeting 12a
Date(s):24 May 2012 - 25 May 2012
Attended both in person and remotely by representatives from the majority of major relevant global sector stakeholders (UN agencies, governments, NGOs), Shelter Meeting creates a community of practice for the shelter, settlement and reconstruction sector. Location details, registration page,agenda and information will soon be published on this website.
The Shelter Centre invites humanitarian workers to remotely participate and present from all corners of the Earth with the online tools succesfully tested during the last two Shelter Meetings.
To participate both online and in person please submit your application via our Registration Form.
The Shelter Meeting is a biannual shelter sector event which addresses transitional shelter and resettlement needs. A twice-yearly global forum, the Meeting is an event during which humanitarian sector professionals share information on sector project activities; agree on and prioritise further project activities; review project activities; share programmatic and technical good practice; and support consensus on policy, standards, specifications and operating procedures.
Shelter Meeting objectives:
- Sharing information on sector project activities
- Agreeing and prioritising further project activities
- Agreeing on external working groups to support/review project activities
- Reviewing project activities
- Sharing programmatic and technical good practice
- Supporting consensus on policy, standards, specifications & operating procedures
Shelter Centre - email@example.com / 0041 22 75 53 777