- About us
RedR UK PMD Pro 1 - Introduction to Project Management Training (In conjunction with LINGOS)
Date(s):20 Feb 2012 - 24 Feb 2012
PMD Pro 1 is a five day introduction to project management in a humanitarian and development context. The course covers the basic concepts, terminology and tools of project management used by NGOs.
PMD Pro is a 3 level certification sequence, use this link to find out more about the PM4NGOsinitiative. RedR is authorised to deliver the PMD Pro programme through registration with LINGOs, a consortium of over 55 international humanitarian relief, development, conservation and health organisations.
The course covers the following subjects:
- Projects and the project life cycle including why projects fail
- Project identification and design including an overview of needs assessment, stakeholder analysis, problem and objective trees and log frames
- Project initiation
- Project planning including work breakdown structures, network analysis and GANTT charts
- Project implementation including RACI and HR plans
- Project monitoring, evaluation and control including M&E plans, SMART indicators and change plans
- End of project transition
The course is assessed by a one hour, closed-book multiple choice exam which is completed on-line. The on-line examination aims to measure candidates’ knowledge of project management in the context of the international development sector. The PMD Pro qualifications are linked in with PRINCE qualifications.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. +44(0)2 078 406 000