Shelter Centre is an NGO sharing and generating knowledge about shelter, settlement and reconstruction. Shelter Centre supports a global community of practice, following conflicts and disasters. Our work links humanitarian, developmental, governmental, and donor organisations. Shelter Centre is made up of highly qualified, multidisciplinary professionals, passionate about humanitarian practice. Our unique positioning and specialised expertise allow us to reach across traditional discourses to strengthen humanitarian operations.
- Meticulous attention to consistency when entering data
- Familiarity with humanitarian challenges
- Familiarity with OCHA’s Cluster system
- Basic comprehension of written French, Spanish, or Arabic would be useful
General education, skills and experience
- Fluent English (Minimum C1 Level)
- Strong communication, writing and editing skills
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field
- Motivated team player and strong interest in humanitarian work
- Ability to work flexibly in a small, innovative and dynamic team
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter in English, including your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. As the subject of your email, please use‘Internship: SSL Project Assistant’. In your cover letter please explain clearly the skills, experiences and characteristics that make you especially suited to this role.
The deadline for applications is 31st May 2013, with interviews taking place shortly thereafter. We thank all those who apply. Only candidates selected for an interview, however, will be contacted.